There are two main reasons why it might take a long time when you're trying to connect to Club Penguin.
1. The type of internet connection you have might be slow.
There are many different ways to connect to the internet. While they all work fine for browsing simple websites, you will need a faster connection to play multi-player games like Club Penguin.
Dial-up connections (which use your telephone line) and satellite connections (which use a dish on your house) are the slowest way to connect. Dial-up and satellite connections are not designed for gaming as they don't offer a steady, consistent connection to the internet.
If possible, use broadband cable, fiber, or DSL connections when you play Club Penguin. Your internet provider should have more information on the kinds of connections available in your area.
2. Your computer might be slow.
Read What kind of computer should I be using? to see if your computer meets our requirements.
If your computer and internet connection meet the requirements above but Club Penguin still loads slowly, try the following:
1. Make sure you're not running other programs while playing Club Penguin.
2. If you were visiting another website, close the tab or window to ensure that you've exited it completely.
3. Don't try to play Club Penguin while you're streaming music/videos or downloading large files. This will slow down your connection to the internet and take bandwidth away from Club Penguin.4. Clear your cache.
5. Make sure you're using the newest version of your browser.
6. Restart your computer.