Use Standard Mode syncing to permanently sync additional Wii remotes or to resynchronize the original Wii remote.
Syncing Wii remotes in Standard mode:
1. Press the Power button to turn on the Wii console.
2. Open the SD Card slot cover on the front of the Wii console.
3. Remove the battery cover from the back of the Wii remote you wish to sync.
4. Press and release the red SYNC button inside of the SD Card compartment on the Wii console.
5. Press and release the red SYNC button below the batteries on the Wii remote.
6. The syncing is complete when the blue LED on the Wii remote stops blinking.
The blue LED block that is illuminated from left to right indicates the player number (1 through 4).
One Time Mode will temporarily disable the Standard Mode synchronization setup for all Wii Remotes until the Wii console is turned off. When the Wii Console is turned back on again, the Standard Mode settings will return.
Syncing Wii remotes in One Time mode:
1. Before starting a Wii game, press the HOME Button on a Wii Remote that is already synchronized with the Wii console to bring up the HOME menu.
2. Point to Wii Remote Settings; press the A Button to select.
3. In the Connection section, select Reconnect.
4. When prompted, press the 1 and 2 Buttons at the same time on the Wii Remote that you want to synchronize with the console.
Multiplayer: When syncing multiple Wii Remotes, press 1 and 2 Buttons at the same time on each Wii Remote immediately in the desired order. The order in which the Wii Remotes are synchronized determines the player order (1 through 4) for multiplayer games. The blue LED on the currently syncing Wii Remote will blink during the process. The connection is complete when the blinking stops.
5. Select Close Wii Remote Settings to return to the HOME menu.
6. Select Wii Menu to return to the Wii Menu; select and start the Wii game.