How do I get into first-person mode with my light saber out?
You can only use 3rd person mode when you have your lightsaber drawn. It would be impossible to do the acrobatic moves with the saber in 1st person mode.
How do I take a screenshot?
A screenshot can be taken through the Console Command box (press SHIFT ~ to bring it up in the game). You have to bind a key to it. Type:
bind k [or whatever key you want to bind] screenshot
Press 'Enter'. Exit out of the console and press K to save a screenshot as a jpg file into the Screenshot folder inside the Jedi Academy Gamedata < Base folder on your hard drive.
Note: This feature only works in single player game mode. If you wish to capture screenshots in multiplayer mode, you might try looking online (do a web search) for a screen capture utility, such as Hypersnap, which you can run in the background while you play the game to see if this allows you to take screen shots. Make sure that the screenshot utility you try using supports OpenGL screen captures.
I am having trouble completing the mission, Emergency Assistance - Bakura
We have received reports of a possible problem with the mission "Emergency Assistance - Bakura." The handle on the 5th bomb may not raise all the way up which will cause the door to your ship to fail to open, even though the datapad states that all 5 bombs have been successfully disarmed. There are two things you can do at this point:
1. You can replay the mission without using any save games made during the mission. Try loading the auto-save made at the beginning of this level ("--->t1 fatal") or load the last save you have from the previous level (such as the "--->t1 inter" save) and try playing the "Emergency Assistance - Bakura" mission once more from the start of the mission. When you play the mission again, you might try disarming the bombs in a different order than you did the first time you played.
2. You can also skip this mission entirely. The game will only require you to complete 4 out of the 5 missions listed, so if you complete the others you will be able to continue in the game if you choose to skip the "Emergency Assistance - Bakura" mission.
3. You can use a cheat to get past this part. Hit Shift+~ (hold the Shift key down and press the tilde (~) key) to bring up the console and type: helpusobi 1 (and hit enter) then type: noclip (and hit enter) Walk through the door which will not open. then type: noclip (and hit enter) (and make sure your character's feet are above ground and you are not clipping through any object when you type it) Hit the tilde key (~) once more to close the console window. You should now be able to approach your ship to complete this mission.
If you have any further questions about this mission please don't hesitate to contact us. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
I have a problem with a user-created or 3rd-party mod.
LucasArts does not provide support for user-created MODs. You will need to contact the creator of the mod for assistance, or check out the forums on some of the Jedi Academy fan sites for help with MOD creation and use.
The game won't save my settings in Multiplayer or Single player.
There are 2 shortcuts to start the Safe Mode version of the game (one for each single player and multiplayer modes) in the Start menu group for Jedi Academy, however these 2 shortcuts are for troubleshooting the game and they will reset all controller, video and other option settings to the defaults when used. Make sure that you are not starting the game using one of these "safe mode" options.
What was the directory where you installed the game? Please uninstall and then reinstall the game to the default directory on the system (C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) to see if this resolves the problem. If there is no room on the C: drive please make sure that a directory is listed for installation so that the game does not try to install to the root directory of a drive. (e.g. install to "d:\JKA" not just "d:\", etc.)
There is are applications available online which allow players to play without the game CD in the drive. These CD hack programs have been known to cause problems with the game. If you are using one of these programs, please discontinue using and uninstall and reinstall the game (perhaps to a new directory location) to see if this resolves the problem. If your game settings still will not save properly, make sure that you are running the game from the hard drive, by selecting Single Player or Multiplayer on the Jedi Academy Launcher Menu or by running the jasp.exe (single player) or the jamp.exe (multiplayer) file directly from the game's "Gamedata" folder on the hard drive.
Where are the saved games stored?
The saved games are stored at C:\Program Files\Star Wars™ Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\Game Data\Bases\Saves
How do I set up a solo multiplayer game against bots?
You can play a multiplayer game by yourself against bots (it's good practice before facing human players online). Follow the steps below:
1. Start the game, choose Multiplayer Game
2. Choose Play
3. Choose Solo Game
4. Click on Type to select the type of game (Free for all, Duel, etc.)
5. Select the map.
6. On the next screen, set your rules for the game, and bots. Make sure you have at least 1 bot selected in order to be able to join the game).
7. Click Start.
I have two or more computers on the same network and they are not able to join same multiplayer game.
The game may be detecting that you are still on the same IP address. The only way for both computers to join the game is if they had different IP addresses. Please contact your Internet Service Provider if you would like to explore getting another IP address.
In general we do not advise setting up a Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy server on a machine that is also either a NAT server (such as Microsoft's Internet Connection Sharing) or set up with IP Forwarding for a Local Area Network (LAN) onto the internet. These machines see clients on your LAN as different addresses from the internet, and therefore cannot be authorized.