1. Ensure that you are properly loading a Game Disc. If your console is placed vertically, the disc label will face to the right. If your console is placed horizontally, the disc label will face upwards.
2. Please use the information below for cleaning a dirty Game Disc. Fingerprints, smudges, and other foreign material can interfere with game being properly read by the Wii console.
Use a soft, slightly damp cotton cloth (use water only). Clean the disc from center towards the edges; do not use a circular motion. DO NOT use paper.
Make sure the game is dry, then re-insert it and see if the error occurs again.
If the game had been working normally, shows signs of physical damage, and now displays errors or lockups in areas it previously didn't, the problem is likely to be the damage to the disc. Contact us regarding a replacement for a nomimal replacement fee. - If the game never worked or you are discovering errors in areas you have entered for the first time, it is possible that the problem could be with the system or the disc. (The system may still be the problem even if the disc shows some signs of damage.)
3. For known issues with specific games, please check http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameDiscSpecific.jsp
4. Make sure you are using only licensed accessories. Unlicensed products and accessories do not undergo Nintendo's testing and evaluation process. They may not work at all with the game system, and they may have compatibility problems with certain games or accessories.
5. If a game freezes while playing, usually the power, reset, and eject buttons will not respond. Try unplugging the AC Adapter from the back of the console, then check the air vents to make sure they're not being blocked.
6. If after reading the above information you are still unable to play a game disc, please call 1-800-255-3700 to discuss available options.