GameplayHow do I crash the coasters in Thrillville Off The Rails?
Roller Coasters left unfinished will lead to a crash. To do this, build a coaster, but stop connecting the tracks. When the cart gets to that point a crash will occur. Mortimer's patented ejection seats will parachute your guests to the ground.
How do I turn off Flirting in Thrillville Off The Rails?
Flirting is not something you turn on or off – it's based on the character you choose to play at the beginning of the game. If you choose a teen character, then flirting will be part of the game. If you choose a child character, it won't.
Where can I select the type of game (difficulty, single, Co-op, battle) as it states in the manual?
These options are only available in the Party Play mini games, not in the main game. top
I cannot hear the voices of the other characters in Thrillville on my PSP.
You won’t hear the voice-overs on the PSP that occur on PS2 and XBOX. On the PSP conversations between park guests and owner are done via text only.
In the game Alley Ball I cannot make the character throw the ball.
Try pulling the analog thumbstick down (or towards you) and then up (away from you).top
How many missions are available in the Nintendo DS version of Thrillville: Off The Rails?
There are seven games, about 100 missions, and about 20 or so coasters.top
How do I clear out/delete the saves for the game on Nintendo Wii?
When you start the Wii console you will be taken to the channel page. Follow these instructions from there:
1. Open the system menu to view your memory/stored data.
I cannot get the second Wiimote/Nunchuk to work in the game.
2. You will see a saved item for each save.
3. Look at the time on each save carefully to ensure that you do not delete the wrong one.
4. Select it with the "A" button on the Wiimote.
5. You will see an option to copy, move, or delete.
6. Select Delete.
In order for the second player feature to work in the game, the second player Wiimote must be synced with the Wii console.
Please note that games that are made and produced by Nintendo (such as WiiPlay and WiiSports) have a built in-feature to auto scan for the Wiimote for that version of the game, which is not the same as synching the Wiimote. Most third-party games do not have that capability, so the Wiimote will need to be synched to the Wii console per the instructions on Nintendo's website.
Nintendo Wii General Troubleshooting
If you are having trouble with the game, please check the following:
1. Ensure that you are properly loading a Game Disc. If your console is placed vertically, the disc label will face to the right. If your console is placed horizontally, the disc label will face upwards.
2. Please use the information below for cleaning a dirty Game Disc. Fingerprints, smudges, and other foreign material can interfere with game being properly read by the Wii console:
- Use a soft, slightly damp cotton cloth (use water only). Clean the disc from center towards the edges; do not use a circular motion. DO NOT use paper.
- Make sure the game is dry, then re-insert it and see if the error occurs again.
3. Make sure you are using only licensed accessories. Unlicensed products and accessories do not undergo Nintendo's testing and evaluation process. They may not work at all with the game system, and they may have compatibility problems with certain games or accessories.
When I go to start the game, I am prompted to connect the nunchuk to the Wiimote.
4. If a game freezes while playing, usually the power, reset, and eject buttons will not respond. Try unplugging the AC Adapter from the back of the console, then check the air vents to make sure they're not being blocked.
5. If after reading the above information you are still unable to play a game disc, please call 1-800-255-3700 to discuss available options.
The game requires a Nintendo Nunchuk controller to be connected to the Wiimote to play the game. The Nunchuk symbol on the back of the game package indicates that a Nunchuk is required. Game boxes that feature this icon require, or have modes that require, the use of the Nunchuk controller. The Nunchuk attaches to the Wii Remote to add an additional functionality for certain games. top
What are the system requirements for Thrillville: Off The Rails for PC?
Required: Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer
Required: Intel P3 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP
Recommended: Intel P4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64
Required: 256 MB RAM. 512 MB RAM required for Windows Vista
Recommended: 512 MB RAM. 1 GB RAM recommended for Windows Vista
Required: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability
Recommended: 256 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible Audio Device
Required: 8X Speed CD-ROM drive
Recommended: 16X Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
Required: Keyboard and mouse
Recommended: Six Button Dual Analog Gamepad
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (June 2007) is included on this disc. You will be prompted to install DirectX during the installation of this game if this or a more recent version is not already properly installed on your system.
NOTE: DirectX may require the latest updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your motherboard, sound, and video hardware.
You must have local Administrator rights to properly install Thrillville: Off the Rails and update DirectX.
ATI Radeon 8500, 9000, or 9200 issues in Thrillville Off The Rails.
When playing Thrillville: Off the Rails on a graphics card with one of these chipsets, you may experience the following issues:
Does Thrillville Off The Rails support gamepads?
- Poor performance when the Screen Mode is set to 1152x864 or higher in the Options menu. If this occurs, we recommend that you select a lower Screen Mode.
- Intermitten sorting or flickering in some areas of the game.
- Certain items may not display correctly in the game.
Yes! We recommend a Dual Analog Gamepad with at least six buttons for optimal functionality in all areas of the game.
How many discs are in Thrillville Off The Rails for PC?
There are three discs in the game.
How much space is required for Thrillville Off The Rails for PC?
Installation requires between 1.5 GB and 3.5 GB of free hard drive space, depending upon the install options that you select. We recommend that you have an additional 500 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file.
I cannot play any of the Co-op or Battle mode minigames in Thrillville without a gamepad connected.
It's not possible to play a two to four player party game with just the keyboard/mouse. A gamepad is required to take advantage of multiplayer. Once plugged in, the game will recognize this and another player can join. Please keep in mind that each additional player (up to four players) will need their own gamepad (plugged in and configured properly in Windows) to participate.
I get an error about disc authentication, or am unable to launch the game after installation.
If you are experiencing problems trying to launch the program after a successful installation, please try the following:
1. Re-boot the system and try launching the program again.
If you have tried all of the above and are still having trouble, please generate an analysis file for submission to the SecuROM Technical Support group so we may be of further assistance. The analysis file contains important information to help us analyze the program launch issues you are experiencing. After successfully creating the file, the necessary data will be exported and stored in an “AnalysisLog.sr0” file. Please perform the following steps:
2. Make sure you have Disc 1 in a local CD/DVD drive.
3. Close all other running applications, especially things such as: Clean Sweep, anti-virus software, ZoneAlarm, and CD burning software (for example: Nero or EZ CD Creator).
4. If you have more than one local CD/DVD drive, try all drives.
5. If you have a Virtual CD Drive installed, make sure it is disabled.
6. Make sure you have updated drivers for your optical (CD/DVD) drive AND that you have the latest motherboard drivers available.
7. Make sure you wait for the “Play” disc authentication after the program launches. It can take up to one-half minute or more for initial disc authentication. Your mouse pointer may change into a spinning disc pointer while the disc is authenticating.
1. Make sure you have the retail Disc 1 in a local CD/DVD drive.
Please email the .sr0 file or zip file with a description of your issue with as much detail as possible. Be sure to include things you have already tried. Please submit this information by attaching the file and replying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Locate the game executable, which is named Thrillville07.exe. This file is located in the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Thrillville07 folder.
3. Right-click on the executable and a dialog window will appear.
4. Choose Launch Analysis from the menu and release the mouse button.
5. Shortly, a disclaimer window will appear.
6. To proceed, please click on the Yes button.
7. The application will now generate an AnalysisLog.sr0 file within the root of your C:\ partition (hard drive).
8. Another dialog will appear to signify the successful generation of the analysis file. Click the OK button to finish.
9. If you have access to a compression utility program such as WinZip, please compress the file (some email programs will corrupt the .sr0 file during transmission).
Disclaimer: The ability to generate the analysis file has been developed with your personal interest in mind to check for possible hardware and/or software incompatibility on your PC. To shorten the analysis time, system information is collected (similar to Microsoft's msinfo32.exe program). Data will be compared with the SecuROM knowledge base to determine hardware and/or software conflicts. Submitting the analysis file is voluntary. The collected data is for evaluation purposes only and is not used in any other manner.
Low-end Graphics Card Issues
When using a low-end graphics card, you may experience the following issues when playing the game:
Performance issues when running the program on low-end systems.
- Performance may be slow in some areas.
- You may see flickering graphics.
- Textures may be missing or they may display incorrectly.
- You may experience poor performance or lock ups after selecting any Screen Resolution above 1024x768. If this occurs, we recommend that you select a lower resolution.
When running the game on a low-end system or a system with the minimum amount of RAM, you may experience some stuttering in the sound and graphics. This usually happens if other programs are running or your system resources are low. Freeing up system resources or memory may improve performance.
The program will not run on my Intel 82915 video card.
The Intel 82915 video card does not support the functionality necessary to run the program and is not supported. The program requires a card that supports Hardware T&L (transform and lighting) and the onboard Intel chips do not have that capability.
What are the supported video cards for Thrillville Off The Rails?
Thrillville Off The Rails supports the following chipsets:
Where is the saved game data for Thrillville Off The Rails for PC stored?
- ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 family
- ATI Radeon X300/X600/X700/X800 family
- ATI Radeon X1300/X1600/X1800/X1900 family
- ATI Radeon X2900 family
- NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti family
- NVIDIA GeForce FX family
- NVIDIA GeForce 6 family
- NVIDIA GeForce 7 family
- NVIDIA GeForce 8 family
The saved game data for Thrillville Off The Rails for PC is located in the C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Lucasarts\Thrillville 07 folder on Windows XP, and the C:\Users\\Local Settings\Application Data\Lucasarts\Thrillville 07 folder on Windows Vista
Why can't I get the launcher to respond?
Why do I keep hearing static or audio distortion in the game?
- The game CD may have been removed.
- Your CD-ROM drive may have stopped responding.
- There may be a hardware conflict in your system.
- The game CD may be scratched or dirty.
- Your computer may not be 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible.
If you are hearing static in the game, your sound card may not be fully DirectX compatible. You may want to determine whether DirectX supports your sound card. To do this:
1. Click on Start to open the start menu.
We recommend that you test DirectSound. If any of these tests fail, please check for updated drivers for the hardware. If you continue to have problems after updating the drivers, we recommend that you contact the hardware manufacturer of the card for further assistance.
2. Click on Run.
3.Type DXDiag into the Run dialog box.
4. Click OK. This takes you to the DirectX Diagnostics screen.
5. Click on the Sound tab.
It's also possible that your volume may be turned up too loud in Windows, or your amplified speakers may be plugged into speaker-out on your sound card.
Why is there no sound in the game's launcher?
The game's Launcher may occasionally have no sound. When this happens, it usually affects the rest of the game. Windows may still be using your sound card from the last application you were running. Rebooting the computer should correct this. If rebooting does not correct this, your sound card may not be set up correctly in Windows.
Note: If the Media Player is not installed, some of the following instructions will not work. If you want to add it, please consult Windows Help for assistance. Just type Media Player in the index section and follow the directions provided by Windows.
Will the program work on a system with an Intel 82845/82865 onboard video card?
The Intel 845/865 chipsets do not meet the minimum requirements to run the program. The program requires a card that supports hardware T&L (Transform and Lighting), and the Intel 845/865 chipsets do not have the required DirectX functionality necessary to run the game.
Will the SIS series of video cards work with the program?
The SiS series of video cards do not support the functionality required to run the program and are not supported. These are onboard chipset which use Shared Memory, and they do not support OpenGL or D3D functionality. The following SIS chipsets are affected: SiS 6326, 5597/5598, 530/620, 315, 550, 630, 650, M650, 651, 730, 740, 330, 661FX, M661FX/MX, 741, 760. Xabre 200, 400 and 600
Do the digital download versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates?
Yes, all the older titles being released through Steam and Direct2Drive include all available patches or updates. Please note that unless indicated, they do not include any expansions or plugins.
If you are still looking for support and are in the following countries, please click here for more specific contact information:
UK, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Italy
If you are still looking for support and are not in one of the countries above, please click Contact Us below.