Getting the error message "Conflict with Disc Emulation Software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details," or "Wrong Volume in drive" when starting the game?
This occurs when there is a conflict with the copy protection for the program and the disk emulation software that is installed and active on your system. You should temporarily disable any CD drive emulation software (e.g. Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, Nero). The program will not run with emulation software running. Please turn off any emulation software (unmount any virtual drives) and restart the system, then run the program.
More detail on this can be found at the website mentioned in the error message, and below:
"A potential conflict with a Disc Emulator Software was detected." These programs contain features which can affect the communication between a software application and the CD/DVD-ROM drive. This can keep the application from starting, even if you have an original disc in your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
Installed virtual drives do not cause any problems; however, for a successful startup of a SecuROM encrypted application you must make sure that there is an original disc in your local physical CD/DVD-ROM drive. In addition, please be aware that some emulation tools offer the feature to bypass copy control technologies (eg. RMPS). In order to launch a protected title successfully, these options have to be disabled.
If you would like to find out what there is on your computer that keeps the copy-protected application from starting, even if there is an original disc in the drive, please follow the procedure below and submit the resulting AnalysisLog.sr0 file to email@example.com:
1. Place the original disc in a local physical CD/DVD-ROM drive.
2. Reboot the computer.
3. Right-click on the desktop shortcut or the actual executable (this file is located in the folder where you installed the game) and a dialogue window will appear.
4. Choose Launch Analysis from the choices and release the mouse.
5. A disclaimer window will appear.
6. To proceed, please click on the Yes button.
7. The application will now generate an AnalysisLog.sr0 file within the root of your hard drive.
8. Please zip the file (to avoid email corruption) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation; include the name of the software you cannot start.
Disclaimer: The ability to generate the analysis file has been developed with your personal interest in mind to check for possible hardware and/or software incompatibility on your PC. To shorten the analysis time, system information is collected (similar to the Microsoft's msinfo32.exe program). Data will be compared with the SecuROM knowledge base to determine hardware and/or software conflicts. Submitting the analysis file is totally voluntary. The collected data is for evaluation purposes only and is not used in any other manner.